The School Bus Services – the contracted ‘orange’ school buses – provides FREE Transport Assistance to help our students travel to and from Rockingham Beach ESC.
To ensure that your child makes their way to their classroom safely, our staff will be at the bus stop to meet them every morning. In the afternoon, they will help your child board the correct bus to return home.
Eligibility for Transport Assistance
Your child is eligible for Transport Assistance for travel to and from Rockingham Beach ESC if they’re already enrolled at and are regularly attending the Centre and living within the School Bus Services catchment areas but are unable to make their own way to the Centre safely.
NOTE: It is your responsibility to inform both the bus driver and the Centre when your child is not boarding the bus – perhaps they’re sick or they’re travelling in your car after an appointment.
For more information about the bus service, call 0447 529 640.
For more information, visit:
How to apply for transport assistance
You must complete an application form for each child requesting Transport Assistance. You may also be required to provide clarification and personal information before School Bus Services approves your request. These may include:
- your date of birth, email address and telephone number
- your child’s details including date of birth and year of study
- the number of days your child will be travelling to the Centre
- details of your child’s disabilities, medical conditions and allergies
- name of the education support centre
- the shortest practical distance from your child’s home to the Centre (in kilometres)
- the make and model of your child’s wheelchair, if applicable, and the combined weight of the child and the wheelchair
- the name, address and contact details of at least two emergency contacts living in close proximity to your child’s home address who can care for them on the rare occasions when you’re not home when the bus drops them off.
Apply for Transport Assistance online or download the printable forms (processing times for manual forms are longer). If you don’t have a printer, please ask our Admin staff for a copy of the form on your next visit.